Friday, June 17, 2011

Now We Wait

So I had my FET yesterday. Both the embryologist and my doctor were very pleased with the way the embryo looked after it thawed. I am really glad that we left the clinic in Memphis for this one. I haven't stepped foot in that building since mid-January and they all remembered details about us. The embryologist, the doctor and the nurse (and I think one of the receptionists) offered their condolences to us for losing DH's step dad. I just feel like they care there and don't see us as dollar signs when we walk through the door.

Anyway, the actual transfer went well. I didn't drink too much water, so I wasn't miserable. You have to have a full bladder so that it shows up well as a landmark for ultrasound guidance during the transfer. For my first two IVF cycles (when TTC the first time) I drank way too much water and was absolutely miserable. I've learned a lot in the three transfers since that time.

My progesterone level was great but my estrogen was on the low side so I'm supposed to start estrogen patches tonight in addition to the estrogen pills I am already taking.

My quantitative hcg test will be next Saturday. I'm trying to decide when I want to start testing at home. Today is the equivalent of 6 days after ovulation. I'm thinking I'm going to try to wait until Tuesday (equivalent to 10dpo). But I'm planning on buying tests from Dollar Tree tomorrow, so we'll see how long I last once they are in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment