Saturday, June 25, 2011

Beta Day

I had blood drawn by my favorite phlebotomist this morning. I'm not kidding. I have a favorite person to poke my vein in my left arm. She is personable and funny and brightens my day. Of course, it helps that she's actually good at her job and doesn't leave me black and blue. She drew my blood at 8:00. And I waited... and waited... and waited some more. At 4:00 I couldn't take it any more, after all it was 5:00 on the other side of the state where my doctor is, and I called the after hours phone number. The answering service transferred me directly to the doctor. No waiting for him to call back at least. He told me to text him my phone number and he would call once he figured out what was going on.

So I waited some more.

An hour later I received the call. My beta hCG was 135! I am thrilled! I'm not sure if I blogged about my feelings of despair and "there is no way this cycle is going to work" but I had those feelings a lot the past week or so. I guess that's what happens when you're let down time and time again.

But I'm pregnant. With a really great first beta.

P.S. I don't think that any one really reads this blog, but if you do and you know me in real life, please don't tell anyone. We aren't telling "people" yet. Of course, here I am posting on the internet about it, but eh, I don't think anyone reads this anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment