Tuesday, July 26, 2011

First Midwife Appointment

I saw my midwife for the first time as a patient today. We interviewed her and her (now former partner) back in January and really liked her a lot. This visit was much different from my most recent visit with my (now former) OB. She took a thorough history, talked at length with us, listened and answered all the questions that we had. It was a very relaxing visit. My blood pressure typically runs right around 120/80 and today it was 102/70! Lowered blood pressure is a sure sign of calmness. It was just perfect all around.

We tried to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler, but it's still pretty early to be able to do that. I was able to hear it for a split second, but Kenneth didn't get to hear it at all. By the time I go back in four weeks, hearing the heartbeat shouldn't be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment