Tuesday, November 15, 2011

24 Weeks, 3 days

I had every intention of writing this post on Saturday, when I was 24 weeks, 0 days, but that just wasn't in the cards. 24 weeks is a big milestone: it's the age of viability. If baby were to be born today, he would have a decent chance of survival. That makes me feel good. Obviously, I would like baby to stay put for 16 more weeks or so, but just knowing that if the baby were to be born today that he would likely survive give me a little bit of security.

We interviewed doulas this weekend. One really wasn't a good fit at all and the other was AWESOME! I feel like we will hire her once our next paycheck hits. We had a third interview scheduled, but my due date just wasn't going to work with her family's schedule, so she backed out. I really respect her for doing that. There is one more doula that has been recommended and I am trying to decide if we will interview her or not.

I have my entire newborn stash of cloth diapers. Now just to wash them all and get them ready for new baby. I'm really excited about using cloth on an itty bitty since Will was about 18 months old or so before I started using cloth with him. I should probably take a picture of my stash and post it, but that seems like too much work right now.

Lack of sleep is an ongoing issue. Some nights I have trouble falling asleep from the get-go, usually due to heartburn or gas. Other nights I fall asleep the instant my head hits the pillow but have trouble getting back to sleep after getting up to go to the bathroom. I started using Hypnobabies a few days ago and I am really enjoying that. I think that has helped at least somewhat with my sleep. I'm hoping to see continued improvement the longer that I use it.

I go back to the midwife on Monday. I'm guessing that I may have one more monthly appointment after that and then switch to appointments every two weeks. That seems crazy to me! Things are getting close.

No comments:

Post a Comment