Thursday, November 12, 2009

Trial Transfer

My trial transfer was this morning. This was also the day that my consent forms and money was due. I don't think I will ever get over the feeling of handing over the credit card and paying for IVF. I'd like to be able to say, "Sure, here's my card. I pay for things more expensive than this all the time." But the reality is that IVF is a ton of money. Don't get me wrong: I don't regret doing IVF. But handing over that piece of plastic and signing the slip of paper ties my stomach in knots.

So I paid up, handed over the consent forms and sat down to flip through a magazine while I waited my turn. I got called back and taken to a room pretty quickly. I was told to undress from the waist down and that the doctor would be in soon. I always hurry to undress and get covered with the flimsy paper sheet because I have a fear of still undressing when the doctor comes in. So I disrobed and covered with the sheet and waited. And waited. And waited some more. I sat there for a full 27 minutes before the doctor came in the room.

The actual trial transfer went well. No cramping. Smooth entry with the catheter. Seven centimeters to my fundus.

Now I wait again. Continue taking the birth control pills. My injection class is a week from today with my baseline ultrasound and blood work the following Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment