Friday, October 30, 2009

Cycle Underway!

I took my first birth control pill this morning. Seemed kind of strange to start an IVF cycle with a BCP. I know that it's to calm down your ovaries in preparation for stimulation, but it's sill kind of odd that in order to get pregnant, I'm required to take something that is typically used to prevent pregnancy.

It was also kind of anti-climatic in a way. I've been waiting and waiting for this cycle to begin and I just got up as usual, gave W his Prevacid and took my BCP at the same time. Just the same old, same old. No big deal. It wasn't even until I sat down to write this post that I realized that I started this cycle with no fanfare. It was just, "Here, W. Take your medicine. Oh, I should take mine too." I popped the pill through the foil, put it in my mouth and chased it down with some water and that was the end of it.

In other news, I got approved for about 2/3 of the amount of financing that it will take to pay for this cycle. I called the underwriting department of the financing company to request a larger loan and should hear back from them on Monday. Even if I don't get approved for more money, it won't be that much of a problem. We can put the balance on the credit card if we have to. I'd just really like to have the option of paying it off at the lower interest rate instead of the credit card interest rate. But it is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment